This Health Care Reform Bill may not be perfect, but it is the most sweeping legislation regarding health care that has been passed in over 40 years. President Obama you led the chant "Yes We Can" bring about change. With the passage of health care reform, "Yes We Did" make that change happen. I, and a healthier generation of America, appauld you. And I'm sure Senator Edward Kennedy is looking down applauding you too.
- 32 million uninsured American will now have medical coverage;
- insurance companies can no longer deny coverage to people with preexisting medical conditions;
- young adults, up to age 26, would be eligible for coverage under their parents' policies;
- seniors' prescription drug prices will be lowered;
- tax credits will be offered to small businesses to purchase coverage;
- lifetime limits will be eliminated and annual limits on benefits in all plans will be restricted;
- new plans will be required to cover preventive services and immunizations without cost-sharing;
- consumers will have access to an effective internal and external appeals process to appeal new insurance plan decisions; and
- premium rebates to enrollees will be required from insurers with high administrative expenditures and public disclosure of the percent of premiums applied to overhead costs will also be required.
Copyright 2010 Romy Schneider. All rights reserved.