Sunday, August 1, 2010

August 1st Already!!!???

So the entire month of July has gone by and I'm not sure where it went. Life has been busy and taxing.  It was very busy month at work, which was practically non-stop since the 6th of July.  I got sick with both the flu and bronchitis at the same time this month, but since there was no rest for the weary, there was no time to take off and get better, so I took massive doses of Tamiflu and Azithromycin and hoped for the best.  I feel better, but still have a nagging cough.  I had exactly one bad date this month. My date had severe halitosis and was a horrible dancer. The conversation over dinner was alright, but the holding me close and breathing his dragon breath on me at the after dinner dancing made me ill. After an hour of "dancing" I just had to pack it in and insist I go home to recover from the nausea.  Despite my bad date, I ended up setting up two people I know on a date.  I made the introduction and I guess we will see if it works out well or not.  I think it is so hard to find a person to date, let alone find someone who is relationship material.  I think these two individuals are both great people and I hope they end up thinking so about each other too.  On the second to last day of the month, a dear ol' friend of mine came to town for a weekend visit.  We went out to dinner with some  former co-workers of ours, some of whom I have not seen in about 15 years.  It was great getting together and catching up.  Life speeds by, but sometimes it stops for a moment of reflection.  We all marveled on how "good" we still looked and that the friendships are still strong despite the time and space.  That's it.  Nothing really else to report.  Oh, I did enter three cross-stitches in the LA County Fair competition.  Fingers crossed for when the Fair opens in September.

Copyright 2010 Romy Schneider. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment